Write about a wedding ceremony and reception from the point of view of a young child.
Friday Flash is a weekly writing exercise shared by thousands of writers worldwide. #FridayFlash is an internet meme designed to increase our visibility as fiction authors. This column is intended to encourage #FridayFlash writers with a prompt and an additional community with which to share their writing.
Choose one prompt, write a story of 250-1000 words on your site, and come back to share it on Friday.
- Begin a story with the line, “The clock winked.”
- A special anniversary is coming up and you’ve decided to go all-out to celebrate. The only thing is, this is an anniversary of something unusual and there’s only one other person who knows what it’s about—and he’s uncomfortable celebrating. Write this scene.
Thanks for joining me! Don’t forget to:
- Come back on Friday and share the link to your story in the comments of mine.
- Share your story in the Friday Flash Collector.
- Link to your story with #fridayflash tag on Twitter.
- Subscribe to by.dana.sitar to have Friday Flash prompts and more delivered to your inbox!