I have indeed settled down from a three-week writing/career/project/comedy high, finally getting much-needed rest and seclusion around Wednesday or Thursday. We’re right back to it, of course, with the release of The Hart Compound tomorrow! I’m happy for it; although being busy is quite exhausting, it also means I’m making progress and getting work done. That satisfaction, in a way, is enough relief to trump any lack of rest.
Don’t miss these awesome things I have coming up!
- This Sunday, April 1st 4-6 p.m. Pacific – Stefan and I will be guests on Edge of Insanity Radio in San Francisco. Listen live or download at FCCfreeradio.com.
- Wednesday, April 4th 2-4 p.m. Central – I’m a guest on Fundamental Pete’s Ass-Jammeroo-palooz-a-thon radio show in Madison. Listen live in Madison at 91.7 FM or download at iTunes.
- Thursday, April 19th 7-9 p.m. Pacific – My first live reading! I’ll join SF authors Brixton Key, Michele Murphy, and poet Hollie Hardy for Get Lit at the Vin Club, 515 Broadway, San Francisco.
We got up to Humboldt County for the first time this week. Stefan performed with some San Francisco friends in Arcata for Jambalaya‘s comedy night to a strange but enthusiastic crowd. The show’s producer, Chris Durant, was generous enough to invite us all back to his home to avoid a late-night drive back through torrential rain. I saw my first redwoods, and I had some insightful and inspiring conversation with the comics throughout two five-hour drives!
If you haven’t seen it yet, check out my Publicity Checklist for the Itty Bitty Indie Author, a comprehensive and manageable to-do list for platform building and book promotion. You’ll get it for free if you subscribe to my Newsletter (and if you’re already subscribed, look for the link in tomorrow’s newsletter)!
Published this Week:
- 5 Tips for Building an Author Platform | Gathering Leaves Reviews
- The Romane Event Celebrates 7 Years at the Make-Out Room | SF Weekly
- What Value Do You Add to Your Readers’ Lives? | Musing from the Slushpile
- Let’s Have a Discussion About End-of-Life Care | SevenPonds Blog
- Self-Publishing — Making Your Bones | OnText Blog
- [A]dressing the Dead: Garments for the Grave | SevenPonds Blog
- To make big decisions about money, says Seth Godin, we have to look past numbers and assess real value.
- Comedian Kate Anderson tells the touching story of how improv comedy makes her a better parent to her autistic daughter.