I’ve completed 80 tasks on A Writer’s Bucket List. Here’s what’s left:
9. Join a writing group. -Update 2/27/13: Signed up for Seattle Writers Group – Daylight Hours, just have to commit it my schedule!
11. Hire a dedicated proofreader.
19. Write a script or screenplay.
29. Do something bizarre for a year just to write about it.
31. Write thank-you notes to your teachers.
32. Re-read your favorite books from childhood.
34. Re-type your favorite novel.
35. Use a typewriter.
46. Win a contest.
54. Pitch a book to an agent.
55. Have a book accepted by an agent.
56. Pitch a book to a publisher.
57. Have a book published with a publisher.
58. Introduce yourself to business owners and offer your services.
70. Find a mentor.
72. Teach writing. -4/16/13 – Update – In motion! I’m collaborating with a Utah Valley University professor to teach a course based on “A Writer’s Bucket List”!
78. Edit your favorite novel.
96. Write a 5-year plan…every 6 months. 2/1/13 – 5-yr plan for DIY Writing awesomeness is set! For now..
99. CROSS EVERYTHING OFF YOUR BUCKET LIST.
My Before-I-Turn-30 Bucket List
Because, who really knows when I’ll kick the bucket? Plus, I don’t want to wait until retirement to chase the dreams that I have right now. I’m too impatient. And I’m a writer; there’s no retirement in my future.
Visit all 50+1 states (29 + DC so far!)
Publish a book
Have a book published by a traditional publisher
Go on a multi-state live book tour
Make money writing
Get on a Top Blogs for Writers list
Attend a writers’ conference
Place in a writing contest
Travel to Europe (live in Europe?)
Be recognized on the street
Shake hands with an icon (Robin Williams, check!)
Attend an artists’ or writers’ retreat
See (at least) one major U.S. tourist site with my niece (she’ll be 4 when I’m 30…)
Do stand-up comedy
Be on the radio
Be on a podcast
Have an article/story published in a national print publication - Update – 1/20/13 – Accepted, assigned, and submitted! Waiting to hold it my hands before crossing off.
Have an article/story published in a national publication
Meet my favorite bloggers in person – Feb 26, 2013
Overcome my fear of public speaking